less is more

Author: Marshall Paul
To: plug-discuss
Subject: less is more

I loaded debian/sarge on Friday and have been playing
with it since. I do have a number of problems, some
simple and some more problematic.

1. Less is more and I have more but I want less. I
don't seem to have the LESS command. Can it be down
loaded? If so what package is it in or is it
standalone?

2. K3b doesn't work. It works fine in SuSE, i.e. no
problem with the hardware; hardware works fine in
windowsXP too. Un debian K3b gets an error writting
to the disk. The result is that the disk is toast.
The message said that No version of cdrdao was able to
write to SCSI emulation: emable IDE-SCSI (SCSI
emulation). Did not have to do this in SuSE. Any
ideas.
2. Playing a CD seems to work, but no sound out of
the speakers.

3. Mouse is erratic in that it takes more movement to
get the cursor to move. Slow (very slow) movement of
the mouse causes no movement of the cursor. Very
annolying when trying to select a check box, etc.
Mouse works fine under WindowsXP and SuSE.

FYI:
I was able to get postgreSQL and PgAccess working
without much problem. Apache came up clean too. I
really like the ease of loading and dumping packages
under debian; they did a good job. In general I would
be really happy with debian if it weren't for the
mouse problem.

Marshall