RE: Installfest Saturday 8/28

Author: Tom Achtenberg
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: Installfest Saturday 8/28
PHB is Pointy Hair Boss from Dilbert

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Eric
"Shubes"
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 1:03 PM

Very good. I had a feeling you were targeting executive types (what are
PHBs?) with that part. I've a lot of "catching up" to do regarding Linux

in the news. I'm sure that we'll be refining the PR as time goes on, and

once again, you've given us a great start. See you Saturday!

Alexander Henry wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:42:46 -0700, Eric "Shubes" <>
> wrote:
>
> I've made all of the gramatical changes you suggested.
>
>> .) I have a problem with the last sentence here. Can this statement
>> be backed up? Even if so, I'm not sure it's a good thing (adopting
>> economic policies based on any kind of boom). If there's a boom,
>> there'll be a bust (economically speaking). I think that simply
>> pointing to the growth of Linux (however you want to measure it)
>> would have better impact.
>

> Much of that language I copied from http://www.linux.org . The last

> statement regarding governments switching to Linux can be backed up.
> think you'll find some of the backup in Microsoft strategic policy
> reports :) Article after article has been published over the last

year
> regarding this. I'm only posting a short article, not a National
> Geographic special, so the backup isn't fully researched and printed
> here. :)
>
>> This is a bit esoteric, IMHO. Leave it in if you like, but I don't
>> think it adds anything meaningful. Sorry, Alex. I would like to

discuss it
>> though.
>

> I used to have other language here regarding us switching from
> semi-annual to monthly Installfests. I wanted to fill the void, and
> that particular vocabulary has been floating in my brain for some

time
> now. I wanted to get it down in hard text.
>
> Note that this is in the middle of the article, the part that most
> readers don't read unless they're more interested. So this is where

> am talking to the more challenging readers, perhaps business people

who
> actually liked calculus, statistics, and economics. For those that

are
> interested, it will at least provoke discussion. It's also

completely
> contrary to the fanatical Linux propaganda some PHB's may have heard

in

--
-Eric 'shubes'
"There is no such thing as the People;