News of the Knoppix weird type!!!

Author: ec
To: plug
Subject: News of the Knoppix weird type!!!
I got a good one. Why would knoppix 3.4 when using the
2.4.26 kernal, fail to pickup eth0/modem and when
booting 2.6 pick it up, but NOT the keyboard?? Weird.
Jim's machine this morning..previous post on modem
problem. Just wonder why. First time I have ever seen
that 'weirdness' where one kernal works with one but
not both and the other is exactly opposite!!

I used the 2.6 and the clickable Bookmarks to check
going out with his modem. Like I said, it is weird!!

Just thought someone would possibly have an
explanation, don't bust a gut laughing or trying too
hard!!

Tomorrow, will try 3.3, didn't have time today, who
knows, it may fail both or get both! Now that would
really be weird.

BTW, it IS a desktop, overpriced, but he got it with a
Credit Card..only way he could afford one.

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,
just as does every other user.