Re: cluster software

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cluster software

On Friday 23 July 2004 11:57, Michael Havens wrote:
> Oops. I just went to the home page and it only has RPMs. So I wilkl google
> "mosix debian" and.... vwalla! There's how to apt-get it! Thank you all for
> helping me learn to be self-suffiecent!
>
> But anyways, why won't it assign xmms to it's own processor?.... Or will
> it?

Bummer. I followed the instructions but file not found (1)! I did 'apt-get
install <tab><tab>' and found mosix and mosixview to be in the repository
while the files mps, kernel-patch-mosix, and update-cluster not to be in the
repository.

Perhaps I found old instructions. Back to google I go..... Hmmmmmm, OpenMosix
seems to be what I'm looking for.
--
<:-)Mike(-:>
1-
bmike1@0[bmike1]$ sudo apt-get update
Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org testing/main Packages [3017kB]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org testing/main Release [81B]
Fetched 3017kB in 10m46s (4669B/s)
Reading Package Lists... Done
bmike1@0[bmike1]$ sudo apt-get install mosix kernel-patch-mosix mps mosixview
update-cluster
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package mosix has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package mosix has no installation candidate
bmike1@0[bmike1]$

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/