Re: Kino FX from file?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Kino FX from file?
Ted Gould said:

> I haven't done this before, but what it sounds like to me is that you
> need to make the graphic in the exact size of the video stream. So, if
> there is no way to detect the size of the data, I'd make an image in
> GIMP that has a black stripe down the center. Then if you import this
> image you should be able to see where the edges of the black stripe is
> when the rows wrap around, and estimate to figure out the size of the
> next image. Rise, repeat, until your black stripe looks perfect.

Thanks for the thought, Ted. I did think of this as a way to find the
right size. However, it means adjusting both the X and Y size since
either could throw it off. It was already too late last night to go
through that much tedious stuff.

I have posted a query to the nearly dead kino-plugin email list so
hopefully a straight answer is forthcoming and I won't have to resort to
"rinse, repeat" methods.

> PS - To detect the size you might actually try 'file'. It does several
> graphics formats, may do DV also...

A new command to learn. I'll try it tonight (or tomorrow).

Alan