Re: mgetty nonsense

Author: Robert Ambrose
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: mgetty nonsense
Here's a typical mgetty.config I use for USR Sportsters:

port ttyS0
        speed 38400
        data-only y
        init-chat "" \d\d\d+++\d\d\dAT&F1 OK ATQ0E0S0=0&W OK

That way it always re-inits the modem after a hang-up. Note that the
modem isn't using auto answer mode. The mgetty process waits for a RING
and then issues a AA command. There's also a feature which easily
disables dial-in access, touch (or rm to enable) /etc/nologin.ttyS0.

rna