Re: cluster software

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: cluster software
On Monday 12 July 2004 08:03 pm, Michael Havens wrote:
> Anybody have any experience with this? Any pointers?

I am confused about what you are trying to do, Michael.

A) k12ltsp is a terminal server project. One server is the CPU, memory,
filesystem, etc. for minimal hardware client computers. I guess server and
clients together could be considered a "cluster" but it is not usually
referred to as such.

B) A cluster is when you group several computers together to act as one more
powerful computer. This is for creating faster servers for large data needs
or fast math operations.

Which definition of "cluster software" are you attempting? If A, you need to
drop the word cluster from the discussion. If B, I wish you luck. Either
goal sounds like you should learn alot.

Alan