Knoppix boot problem

Author: Mark Jarvis
To: plug
Subject: Knoppix boot problem

I had planned to use Knoppix as the basis for a 1 credit Intro to Linux
class this fall. Unfortunately, a student in one of the school's labs
got a bit too clever, booted from a CD, (not Linux, thank goodness) and
did some damage. (I don't know the details.) Now the Lab people are
modifying setup on all classroom and lab machines to not allow booting
from floppy or CD.

Does anyone know of files that can be installed on the C: drive of a W2K
box that can be executed, possibly by making use of boot.ini, and which
will complete the boot of the system from the floppy or CD drive instead
of the HD.?

Mepis is a nice, single CD distro that also has run-from-CD capability.
I can install that in a partition and access it via boot.ini, but I'd
like to be able to use Knoppix if possible.

-mj-