Canon i900D and Linux?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Canon i900D and Linux?
We are considering getting a photo printer to go with our new digital camera.
My wife is the real photo-bug in the family and she likes Canon products.
BUT, she wants a good photo printer that will work in Linux. (I'm so proud!)

The Canon i900D is the current model she wants. However, linuxprinting.org is
silent on it's Linux support. It is a fairly new model, after all. So, my
questions are these:

1. What photo printers do any of you PLUGgers use happily with Linux, Canon or
any other brand?

2. At a long shot, do any of you have this Canon printer and can speak to it's
Linux compatibility? Perhaps it has an emulation or compatibility with a
different Canon model that has Linux support.

I'll keep looking around the net for answers but I value this group's input.
And, she wanted me to ask the "other Linux geeks," so I am.

Alan