Re: Canon i900D and Linux?

Author: Mark Jarvis
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Canon i900D and Linux?

Basically, Canon doesn't give a diddly d____ about Linux. The odds on
your finding a Canon driver for your printer are slim and if you do find
one, it will NOT be supported by Canon--the people who know Canon
printers best.

After reading review after review that gave HP photo printers the
highest ratings, and having decided to save a few bucks and buy one
"almost as good", I now very much regret that decision. The paper & ink
that I have wasted trying to get a picture to turn out correctly, with
colors exactly what they should be, would have paid for the difference
many times over. I seem to constantly have to re-learn the lesson:
"Cheaper is frequently not less expensive." One of these days we'll buy
a new printer and it will absolutely be the best HP that I can afford
(or at least talk my wife into). FWIW, HP has a very "Linux friendly"
history.

Just my $0.o2 based on personal experience.

-mj-