Re: Install-Fest Question

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Install-Fest Question
IF you get the computer assembled, and can get a copy
of Knoppix prior to Sat. then run knoppix and verify
that linux does run. Now, I have a p3 850 gateway that
i have to tell 3.4 knoppix the following or it locks
up right aver about 3 or 4 lines of the starting to
load. i haven't tried it on anyother machine, 3.3, and
3.2 don't have to do eht nodma thing. This ONLY
applies if it locks up just after the very first few
seconds of loading knoppix. I get three lines of
colored screen and lock with dma enabled, or atleast
not 'knoppix nodma'.

knoppix nodma

or to run 2.5

knoppix26 nodma

Only because apparently my system isn't a dma system.

--- Alan Dayley <> wrote:
> Steve said:
> > My ISP had the mail server go down from last night
> until 11:00 today.
> > Apparently they dropped all the incoming mail
> during that time frame.
> > Did anyone answer my previous question?
>
> Steve,
>
> I did reply but went back an looked up your
> question. Essentially you
> want help setting up vsftp along with a Red Hat
> install. Correct?
>
> > Is there any preparation of the box I need to have
> done before I get
> > there?
>
> If you are comfortable assembling the computer
> yourself, you should do
> that before the Install Fest. That would leave more
> time for any software
> install and configuration issues. If you are not
> into computer assembly,
> bring the parts.
>
> Alan

=====