Re: Install-Fest Question

Author: ec
To: plug-discuss
CC: Eric Shubes
Subject: Re: Install-Fest Question
Also, any 'important' personal data files/folders
should be backed up off the system..either cdrom or
flappies (flappies = data flapping in the
wind...saying bye bye hehehe)...anything that a
'wipeout' of the Wxp would be fatal to and valuable.
Also, just in case, IF he can bring the XP cdrom..just
in case it might be a good idea..probably wont need
it, but better to play 'boy scout' and be prepared!!!

--- "Eric \"Shubes\"" <> wrote:
> I don't know about fips, but be sure that he defrags
> the disk (just)
> before he brings it in. We had a fellow at last
> month's installfest that
> didn't have that done ahead of time. :( It's
> essential to do so in order
> to change the size of the NTFS partition.
>
> Mark Jarvis wrote:
>

> > I have a friend who will be coming to Saturday's
> install-fest looking
> > for help in adding Linux to his Laptop.
> (Adding--he wants a dual-boot
> > system.) It has XP-Pro installed and XP's NTFS
> file system is using the
> > whole disk. (There's plenty of room, it's just all
> in that NTFS
> > partition. Mandrake's fips is reportedly able to
> work with an NTFS
> > partition. He can bring the Mandrake CDs, but
> wants to know if there
> > will be a fips "expert" there to help him.
> >
> > Comment?
> >
> > -mj-

> --
> -Eric 'shubes'