Re: Need Linux-friendly ISP

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Bill Jonas
To: PLUG
New-Topics: Re: Dynamic DNS was Re: Need Linux-friendly ISP
Subject: Re: Need Linux-friendly ISP
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:23:13PM -0700, Bryce C wrote:
> They still use the external address. It's just an HTTP connection to the
> service's server and they use the source address from that request as
> yours.

Ah, I see. However, you've still got to worry about updating too often
-- I've never used these services before, but I saw a few years ago when
I was looking at these things that DynDNS, at least, will terminate your
account if you are constantly updating due to the load it puts on their
servers if too many people do that.

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step