Announce: East Side Meeting tonight!

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Announce: East Side Meeting tonight!
Tonight is the East Side Meeting at the Sequoia School in Mesa. 7:00pm.
The web site FAQ entry gives details of the location:

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=General+Plug+Questions&parent_id=0#3

Tonight we will have a "Panel of Experienced Linux Users" for all of us to
ask the questions we have always wanted! Several knowledgable PLUG
members have been asked to be on the panel.

Questions can range from the philosophical to the basic, like: Why do you
use Linux? What is the difference between Free Software and Open Source
Software? Is Free Software good for us? How do I mirror my web site?
Why doesn't LILO doesn't accept my configuration changes? Any question as
long as it is related to Linux.

There are some ground rules to the panel discussion that we all should
follow to keep the meeting productive as possible.

- Small paper (yes, dead tree media) forms will be provided for attendees
to write their questions. This helps with articulation of the question.
- The moderator will accept the questions all during the meeting and posit
them to the panel, each in turn. This helps maintain some order during
the discussions.
- The moderator reserves the right to (Gasp!) moderate the questions.
This would involve only re-ordering them to keep similar ones together or
to ask the questioner for clarification if needed. Questions unrelated to
Linux, Free Software and Open Source Software will be culled.
- The panelists are the ones that answer the question, not the audience.
If the panelists are stumped by the question, the moderator may then open
the floor for answers from the attendees. In other words, let the
panelists have first crack.

I think this will make for an enjoyable give and take. And some learning
besides. See you there.

Alan