Re: Debian Install

Author: Michael Havens
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Debian Install

Hey buddy: knoppix installed (http://knoppix.org/) gives you a functioning
Debian system,;so too does Mepis (http://www.mepis.org/book/view/1). If you
are a newbie to linux I would suggest you get Mepis.... Mepis even detected a
USB drive after I plugged it in and my camera downloads pictures and the PDA
and sound work.

On Friday 14 May 2004 18:08, ShieldX wrote:
> Whoops, "...no such device" is what is printed out under the root login;
> Where I was having problems was when logging in as the user:
> "/dev/dsp: Permission Denied"
> I don't have a configured sound card in the box.
>
> On Friday 14 May 2004 05:29 pm, I wrote:
> >I just finished doing my first Debian install, and llkely messed it up
> > too. I'm using a 2.2r6 set, I didn't have anything newer.
> >During the package configuration after the install, something popped up
> >asking whether I had a sound card 'configured,' Not thinking about it, I
> > chose 'yes.'
> >The install finished okay, except that when I attempt to run gnome-session
> >from an Xterm, it endlessly complains about "/dev/dsp: no such device."
> >Any suggestions, or do I just need to run the install over again?
> >
> >ShieldX

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/