hex keys for wep key not being accepted

Author: Jim
To: PLUG
Subject: hex keys for wep key not being accepted
The user manual for the actiontec GT701 is located at
http://www.qwest.com/internet/downloads/gt701-wgusermanual.pdf

I have been trying to configure my Actiontec GT701 for a 128 bit wep
key. The manual It says that I need 13 hex pairs and it list an
example, and my keys are not accepted.

My key is the same amount of digits long as the example in the manual,
so I am not sure what the problem
is.

For the 64 bit key I use spaces beteen the hex pairs and that works,
I believe I have tried "-"'s as well, any suggestions? Is
there a better way to create these 13 hex pairs then just a
scientific calculator; like a hex generator I fould one but the
output when entered into the actiontec was not accepted as a good key
either, that was as MS windows app, I have not found a linux hex key creator yet

Does anyone have the actiontec GT701 working with a 128 bit wep key?

Jim