Re: (no subject)

Author: Joseph Toon
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Perhaps this is the comeback?
http://unthought.net/Software-RAID.HOWTO/Software-RAID.HOWTO.html

According to that, Linux can do Software RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, 10.. I glanced
quickly at the MS KB regarding Dynamic Disk and it seems like it is
simply RAID 0, 1, 5 so I am not sure what the difference is?

I did a search on Google and found a benchmark on a software RAID 5
setup (11x120GB 5400RPM drives) using Promise Ultra66 controllers and a
1.6Ghz Pentium 4 processor and it had 93MB/sec read and 26MB/sec write..
Given the number of disks, the single processor and 5400RPM drives, that
sounds pretty good to me.

Joe