Re: Motherboard recommendations?

Author: Austin Godber
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Motherboard recommendations?
Vaughn Treude wrote:
> Hello everyone:
>
> I'm thinking about upgrading one of my slower systems with a motherboard
> bundle (the kind that includes CPU and RAM.) Last year I upgraded my other
> tower with a Soyo Dragon bundle from MWave. It's been a bit troublesome,
> perhaps because I foolishly chose the generic memory option - next time I'll
> spend the extra 10 or 20 bucks to get a better brand. But I wanted to know
> if anybody had any recommendations? I don't want bleeding edge, just another
> system that'll run 2GHz or so. Normally I run AMD rather than Intel CPU's
> because of the price difference. I know some people don't like AMD but many
> of my AMD systems seem to be have been pretty reliable. I tried googling
> this issue, but there's so much commercial crap on the web now it's hard to
> get an objective view. Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Vaughn

I just recently picked up an Abit AI7 from Mwave for $110. It has some
bells and whistles you may not want so you may pick up on of the models
down (oh and look at the AMD offerings rather than the Intel ones).
Perhaps the Abit KV7 for $61:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SpecB/BA19572.html

I have an old Abit board that I bought in 98 and has run prettymuch 24
hours since then up until a month ago when I replaced it. It still works.

Austin