RE: database

Author: Earl, Alex C
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: PostgreSQL
Subject: RE: database
I would have to agree with Jerry. It would depend on what you are
looking for. I personally like PostgreSQL because its SQL is more
compliant with the ISO standard, it also has the feature like Jerry
mentioned of writing Perl (and you can add other languages) functions
right in the database. PostgreSQL does have a smaller user base right
now, I think it is because MySQL _looks_ so much easier to use. I used
both for extended periods of time and personally felt that PostgreSQL
suited my needs better.

Alex