Re: database (now 'MySQL/PHP')

Author: Derek Neighbors
To: plug-discuss
CC: bmike1
Subject: Re: database (now 'MySQL/PHP')
Michael Havens said:

> Looks like I'll be in WAAAAAAY over my head with this project. I
> suppose that I'll start with learning HTML. Then I'll do PHP followed
> by SQLite. Then I'll end it all with Apache. Then I'll look for
> someone to be my partner. You know... maybe I could do it via email?

SQLite is a nice product, but I don't think it was intended to the back in
to an eCommerce site or a database driven web site. I believe it was more
a SQL compliant replacement to local file databases like dbf, paradox, ms
access and the likes.

I would really only recommend it for shrink wrap type single user
applications. For example, it would make a nice backend to something like
GNUCash or a contact manager like ACT.

This is of course my opinion.

-Derek