Re: media won't play on RH8

Author: technomage
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: media won't play on RH8
there is a way of teaching Fraunhofer a lesson (and hopefully, they will learn
from it). simply tell everyone to start using ogg/vorbis or even one of the
new ac3 audio formats. cease using mp3 altogether and then watch what
happens: no use, no royalties and Fraunhofer goes the way of Unisys in one
great big hurry.

They will learn, you let something remain in public domain long enough, it
will be a battle to reclaim they cannot win.

I've been vonverting all my soundtracks here to something other than mp3 over
the last few days because I've been seeing less of the mp3 formats available
via p2p (everyone is starting to convert to ogg, ac3 or something similar).

Besides, when a song has actually made money for its author, why not share it
a little (the public library does in cd's and lp's)? of course, there is the
copyright issues too, but then, that is another discussion.

Technomage Hawke