Re: Confused on gentoo

Author: Chip
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Confused on gentoo
When you are installing Gentoo, you copy files to a packages directory.
I would look in there to see if the kernel does exist.

Everytime I have installed Gentoo, I have always pulled the kernel off
of the net so I don't know if the kernel file exists on the CD or not (I
assume it does).

There is also a way to use Knoppix as a boot loader and then install
Gentoo. I haven't tried this either, but Knoppix might detect the
network card for installation use.