RE: vim question

Author: Bart Garst
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: vim question

> To copy text in vim (without using the mouse) you can
> use (in command mode) 'y' (i.e. y6y yanks 6 lines into
> the buffer). Also note that deleting lines uses the
> same default buffer so if you yank then delete, you
> will have the deleted lines rather than the copied
> ones in the buffer.
>
> To paste the text use 'p'. This pastes the text one
> line below where the cursor is at.

That is the method to copy text *from* vim to another location *in* vim. It
doesn't work when I want to copy text from a web page and paste it into a
document I'm editing with vim.

I did find the solution though. I can use the "paste keystrokes" my terminal
uses while in vim, in insert mode.

Thx,
Bart