Re: vim question

Author: Victor Odhner
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: vim question
Jay Jacobson wrote:
> Um, maybe I am stating the obvious here, but since you are using Ctrl-c
> to copy, then how about Ctrl-v to paste? I use that in Vim all the time to
> paste from the system clipboard.

He's using a terminal window to talk to vim on
another machine. If he enters Ctrl-C, the
terminal program will just send Ctrl-C to
the remote terminal program's STDIO.

I use Gvim a lot, and enjoy using Ctrl-C and
Ctrl-V. But if you're working with a terminal
program, you have to paste to that program,
probably using its 'edit' menu.

BTW, this is my favorite means of text transfer
when working on a remote system. Just 'cat'
a file, then copy it off the screen; or 'cat'
to a file, and then paste my clipboard into it
followed by Ctrl-D. After that I can enter
vim and edit what I transmitted.

Vic