Re: vim question

+ (application/pgp-signature)
Author: Bill Jonas
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: Re: vim question
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 06:19:29PM -0700, Bart Garst wrote:
> That doesn't do it. I use gnome-terminal and Ctrl+Shift+c will copy
> selected text (not within vim). But I don't need to copy the text, I
> need to paste it - within vim.

When you say "system clipboard", do you mean the standard
highlight-then-middle-click-to-paste X clipboard (which can be
manipulated via, say, xclip), or the GNOME and KDE
select-copy-from-the-menu-and-then-paste-from-the-menu window-manager
clipboard?

I used gnome-terminal for a few weeks at one point, but I don't
specifically remember the key combo. Keep in mind that you're not
pasting into Vim itself but rather into the terminal emulator. Be sure
you're in insert mode before hitting shift-insert or ctrl-shift-v or
middle-clicking or whatever is appropriate. The terminal program will
simply send the text to standard input for whatever it's running (be it
bash, or vim, or mutt, or whatever), not actually paste it into an
application.

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step