Re: Re: Upgrading KDE

Author: Vaughn Treude
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Re: Upgrading KDE
On Sunday 29 February 2004 22:48, you wrote:
> I guess I could go back to Mandrake 9.0, but I figured
> since United Linux was pretty basic and not so vendor
> specific, I'd use that for upgrading and learning the ins
> and outs of Linux. I'm still a newbie here and am trying
> to learn as much as I can. Would I do better by going
> back to Mandrake or something else?

I thought United Linux was a pretty cool idea, and I finally got some CD's
together, and it didn't seem to have anything in the way of extras. I
definitely prefer Mandrake, which I have on the two systems I use every day.
On the other hand, there's a lot of enthusiasm in this group for Debian, so
even though that distro is more work up front, you'll be able to find a lot
of assistance from PLUG. ;-)

Vaughn