Re: port forward pop traffic

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: port forward pop traffic
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 wrote:

> I have tried to add the below to my fw script but no go. I want to port
> forward all pop traffic from one server to another, any suggestions.

If using iptables, use something like:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 110 -j DNAT \
--to-destination 192.168.2.2

Where eth0 is your outside interface and 192.168.2.2 is the system that
the POP3 traffic should go to.

> I placed this in my fs sciprt right above the ip_forward command
>
> src=any
> dst=server server
> srv=POP3
> action=accept

I have no clue what above means. What script is that for? (What distro?
What software?)

> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

This means your system will route packets. This is not address
translation.

Jeremy C. Reed
http://www.reedmedia.net/