Small bootable distro with Ktouch?

Author: Jeff Garland
Subject: Small bootable distro with Ktouch?
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 20:31:23 -0700, Jeff Garland wrote
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 20:12:22 -0700, Michael Havens wrote
> > You might want to email the author (at bottom), tell him what you
> > plan, and see if he can add it to the dist. Good luck Jeff!
>
> Thx, I read the info on DSL and I'm downloading it now just to see
> how / if it will run on reasonably on the machine. Then I'll go
> from there...

Replies to self....

DSL is pretty sweet. Loaded up on this old laptop in about 1 minute off the
CD, recognized the hardware just fine, and only used 18K of memory -- even
with X and several Apps running. The little text editor included is pretty
good -- certainly better then typing with no feedback. Of course for KTouch I
would need KDE which could be a problem. I also ran across this article that
explains how to customize Knoppix.

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2003/11/20/knoppix.html

Looks like I might be going into the distro building business :-)

Any other tips appreciated...

Jeff