hardware

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: hardware
On Wednesday 28 January 2004 06:40 pm, said:
~ For memory, look at "free". It also says in the boot sequence (BIOS and
OS) ~ For the network board, try 'lspci'. It may be required to install
drivers to ~ work.
~

Well, it says that I have a total of 256,588. But what did I have before? oh
yea---128K Wow, I got more than twice that. It The memory is good.
The NIC card is listed in lspci too. Thus, it works too. It says that it is an
Intel 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100]. What do the numbers signify? So is there
anyway to see if it is working wwithout connecting it to another computer? If
it is listed do I need to get a driver. Would it be possible that the kernel
would have it compiled in? Right now I am looking at various websites trying
to locate one...... and I found one! On intels site (of all the places).
    AREN;T YOU PROUD OF ME?
--

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to . If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.

http://www.vei.net/