Novell and SuSE

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Novell and SuSE
--=-mvLXr4T6+mmGNdU808Kc

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 11:22, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> I think we're all having fun.

Certainly. There is no hostility or mass flaming going on.

> They haven't actually sued anyone for copyright infringement, they just=20

This is correct. To date they merely have a contract dispute with IBM.

> sent out letters threatening to sue some folks for copyright=20
> infringement if they didn't buy a license. Then, in response to to the=20
> Red Hat suit, they said that they weren't really threatening anyone.=20
> the one thing that is clear is that nobody has actually been sued over=20
> copyright.

They have huffed and puffed but not attempted to blow any houses down
just yet. ;)

> I think SCO is really on our side. Daryl and the boys are pumping and=20
> dumping SCO stock as hard as they can. Then they are going to vanish=20
> into the woodwork leaving a bunch of greedheads who hoped to profit by=20
> harming free software holding the bag. Hey, It could happen! ;-)

Well I wouldn't say they are on our side. However, they do seem on a
track to help us more than they can hurt us at this point. Which I
think is what you were hinting at. In the long run SCO probably will
only strengthen Linux's position.

--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise