knoppix card

Author: Kyle Faber
Subject: knoppix card
On Friday 16 January 2004 7:53 am, ec wrote:
> This may work for some people's machines, but on both
> of mine, I cannot get back to gui/X/'the cutezy stuff'
> with startx or cntl-alt-F7.
>
> startx gives an error of
> 'process -11 found, process -10 expected' or something
> about it is 11 instead of 10.
>
> I just use the root shell from the menu, and when done
> messing around, exit and boom kde is back.

=09Couldn't tell you why cntrl-alt-F7 doesn't work for you, but I can ans=
wer=20
your question about startx. the error you are seeing basically says "X i=
s=20
already running". Since Knoppix starts a graphical boot by default, it=20
starts X for you before you even get up and running. There is no reason =
to=20
'startx' when X is already running.

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet

623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and=
=20
other countries.