knoppix card

Author: ec
Subject: knoppix card
This may work for some people's machines, but on both
of mine, I cannot get back to gui/X/'the cutezy stuff'
with startx or cntl-alt-F7.

startx gives an error of
'process -11 found, process -10 expected' or something
about it is 11 instead of 10.

I just use the root shell from the menu, and when done
messing around, exit and boom kde is back.

--- Michael Havens <> wrote:

> In a previous posting I had mentioned that it would
> be a wise thing to include a how-to caard with the
> knoppix CDs that we give away. Following is a
> suggestion of commands that we should include on
> such a card. Additions or subtractions (suggestions)
> are desired.
> :-)Mike(-:
>
> 'enter' at the title screen
> 'knx-hdinstall' will install a working debian system
> ctrl-alt-F1 to F6 will give you a virtual
> workstation without GUI
> 0ctrl-alt-F7 returns you to GUI
> http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us for technical assistance
> (register for the mailing list)
> "UNIX Complete" is a good tutorial
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI
> Internet
> Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is
> believed to be free of spam or viruses.
> Please report spam to . If you would
> like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
> E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details.
> Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.
>

> http://www.vei.net/

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,