CD sound

Author: Nathan England
Subject: CD sound
--=-0P4AGxO6+n4CBPeZWW+e

Windows XP can actually extract the digital audio and play it through
the speakers, so you don't need to have an audio cable.
This however takes a large toll on system performance and resources.

I don't know where the option is, but it's somewhere in the sound
preferences in the control panel, and it says something like "Enable
Digital Audio"

Uncheck it and see if you still hear sound in Windows.

Just buy an audio cable. Save the resources for Seti...=20

nathan

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 12:59, Roy Babin wrote:
> wrote:
>=20
> > Have you tried press the 'play' button on the CD drive itself?
> > =20
> > Turn the 'CD audio' volume knob up in your favourite mixer, and ensure=20
> > that the CD actually has a cable to the sound card (or mainboard=20
> > integrated audio). The cable is 3 to 4 wires usually.
> > =20
>=20
> There is no cable from CD to the sound card or the main board. However=20
> I do get it to work with BillG`s
> OS, I hate to addmit that i have that on my cpu.Thank you. maybe=20
> someone else had simaler prob and found the solution, hopefully.
>=20

--=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id:

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
--Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

--=-0P4AGxO6+n4CBPeZWW+e

--=-0P4AGxO6+n4CBPeZWW+e--