Open clipart project (Was: Re: Transition to Linux complete)

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Open clipart project (Was: Re: Transition to Linux complete)
On Monday 05 January 2004 11:07 pm, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> This reminds me... the main thing my wife uses Windows for is a large
> variety of clipart available (as part of the applications she uses) for
> making newsletters and handouts.
>
> Searching for clipart on the web is not as convenient.
>
> Does anyone know of a good "open" project for collecting (and/or
> designing) and providing royalty free clipart?
>
> If not ... is anyone interested in helping with a clipart project? (No
> software coding skills would be needed.)
>
> Then I will have her use scribus, gimp, kword, and others for her work.
>
> (She already uses sylpheed on blackbox for over a year for daily email.)

I don't think I understand what you want the project to do.

If no coding skills are needed you are not talking about an index/previewer.
That's good because there are plenty of them out there already.

You are asking about a project where people find royalty free clipart and
collect it to a central web site, or something? Please describe a little
more about what you have in mind.

Alan