Simple Image Viewing/Printing App?

Author: Kevin
Subject: Simple Image Viewing/Printing App?
While I'm ranting about things that make my wife's linux box a support
nightmare for me... Here's another one...

She connects the digital camera to the usb port and clicks an icon I put
on the gnome desktop. The icon launches a shell script that mounts
/dev/sda1 onto /mnt/cam and copies all the image files over to
~/cam/dump, then umounts /dev/sda1.

Now, she navigates in nautilus to the folder ~/cam/dump and there is a
list of images from the camera. No problem.

I can't find an _intuitive_ app to associate with .jpg files for viewing
and printing these images. I tried associating .jpg with:

Nautilus - no printing option
Eye-of-Gnome - no printing option
GQview - no printing option
Galeon/Mozilla - prints only to top left corner of page
The Gimp - way too complicated for simple viewing/printing
Adobe Photoshop (on wine) - way too slow and printing is buggy

Any suggestions for an intuitive, simple, view/print app that will allow
centering on the page and scaling to fit page?

...Kevin