Project Idea - Automount of flash media - help needed.

Author: Bryce C
Subject: Project Idea - Automount of flash media - help needed.
--=-Fx69LtLu+V0agyxOryNe

Could someone suggest either a project already doing this or an
effective way to do this?
I'm trying to setup a box such that when I insert a removable flash
medium in to the USB card reader, it will automatically mount it, copy
the contents (pictures preferably) and then unmount it. I've considered
running `find /dev/scsi/host0|grep part` every 5 seconds but that seems
like it'd take up quite a few resources, considering that's 17280 times
a day on a poor little K6 200Mhz with 32Mb of ram. No, not the worst but
not able to cope with that strain either. Thoughts? Ideas?
Thank You,
--=20
Bryce C <>
CoBryce Communications