Cox's *&%$* Support Site

Author: der.hans
Subject: Cox's *&%$* Support Site
Am 22. Dec, 2003 schw=E4tzte Lee Einer so:

> This is a relatively recent development. Cox's stated policy has always
> been that they only support MS and IE, but I have at least been able to
> check for outages, etc up until now.

Well their site hasn't worked for me for years. Don't know if I was using
'support', though.

> So I flamed 'em. It was futile, but cathartic.

:)

> Are other cable or DSL vendors more friendly to open source?

Most of the DSL vendors are fine with GNU/Linux.

Some I can name off the top of my head are: EMR, Deru and FastQ.

Don't know if GetNet does DSL, but if so they're certainly also Free
Software friendly.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.
#  An author has only the opportunity to make it uninteresting. - der.hans