Cable Modem Recommend

Author: Mark Phillips
Subject: Cable Modem Recommend
I talked to Cox the weekend about buying a cable modem and returning the
one I am renting. The tech recommended Motorola and Toshiba. I have had
a Toshiba modem (PCX1100 - now out of date) for a couple of years of
continuous service and no problems. However, I went to Best Buy and
found the new Toshiba is $79 and the "same" Motorola unit was $59.00
after a $20 rebate.

The only requirement from cox is that the modem must be DOCSIS 1.1
compliant. I heard a rumor that cox will be upgrading their modems to
DOCSIS 2.0 in about 6 months. Both the Toshiba and Motorola modems are
DOCSIS 2.0 compliant.

Good luck!

Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc.