LDAP

Author: Craig White
Subject: LDAP
Perhaps some of you have done this many times but I just finally found
the end of the rainbow. I even remember a thread on this base about LDAP
mocking him - and it mocked me and it mocked me. It was the single
hardest thing that I have ever learned on Linux.

Set up Linux server - LDAP with TLS - self generated certificates from
self certificate server - pulled in Users/Groups/Hosts from existing
Linux mail/internet server, joined Windows Domain and slurped up the
Windows Users/Groups/etc. and am ready to promote it to PDC. Will be
revising group policies tomorrow and then it's on to roaming profiles
and I am done. Linux Mail Server - Windows NT Server and Macintosh
Server are all being rolled into one set of user
accounts/passwords/policies to manage.

I find that I want to find the phone hidden in the pads on the goal post
in the endzone and there's no football to sign with the Sharpie that's
in my socks so I'll settle for posting up here.

Craig