transferring files

Author: Vaughn Treude
Subject: transferring files
For communications to MS systems, I use the "smbclient" command-line program,
which seems to come with every Linux distro and hopefully has gotten
installed by default on your system. The syntax is:
smbclient //compname/x -U user
where "compname" is the name of the Windows system, x is the drive letter and
user is the user login. At this point it prompts you for the password. Once
you're in, you can do a "?" for commands, which are pretty similar to those
in ftp. The main transfer commands are "put" and "get." It does the trick
for me.

Vaughn