Script n00bie needing some help.

Author: Matt Alexander
Subject: Script n00bie needing some help.
If you must initialize $input, then set it to "". Then test if $input has
a value after you get it from the user. If $input has a value then
continue with your wc, etc. If your assignment was to accept no more than
two words, then you'll need to save the wc -w output in another variable
and test if it equals two. If not, then tell the user to enter new data.
Also, there's no reason to cat the crap. ;-) Just give it as input to wc
like this:
wc -w crap
~M