Linux Screen Scraper

Author: Kyle Faber
Subject: Linux Screen Scraper
On Tuesday 09 December 2003 8:19 am, Alan Dayley wrote:
> Craig Brooksby wrote:
> > I want that list of links.
>
> George and Lee have offered some good suggestions but I think they miss
> the mark for this case. I have attempted them both with the Mozilla
> "View-->Page Info-->Links" screen that Craig is talking about. That
> screen does not, appearently, place data on the clipboard by any of the
> usual methods. =20

With Mozilla 1.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030701
Under Redhat 8.0 & KDE

I am able to select each row, hit cntrl-C, then it is available on my Kli=
pper=20
application, and I can paste it into a text file or middle click it back =
into=20
Mozilla or any other application just fine. However, the only informatio=
n I=20
get is from the "Address" column, not "Name" or "Type"

Selecting Multiple rows merely copies the top-most row, same column rules=
=20
apply.

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet

623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and=
=20
other countries.