Mouse rapid clicks on elevator buttons acts like held-down b…

Author: Kyle Faber
Subject: Mouse rapid clicks on elevator buttons acts like held-down button
On Friday 05 December 2003 12:32 pm, Ed Skinner wrote:
>      When I click the mouse #1 (left-hand) button more than once at a
> fairly rapid rate on the scroll arrow heads in OpenOffice, the window
> scrolls as if I'm holding down the mouse button even though I've releas=

ed
> it completely.=20
>
> Particulars:
>      RedHat 8.0 system
>      OpenOffice/Help/About says version 1.0.1
>      "XFree86 -version" reports version 4.2.0

=09I am using the exact same system (at least as far as this list goes) a=
nd I do=20
not see this behavior, except in cases of very extreme lag and in those c=
ases=20
I attributed the behavior to 'queued' mouse commands. I opened multiple=20
=2Esxw's to test for you, some as long as 50 pages of bulk text, others 3=
or 4. =20
I also tested with all the meta keys (cntrl, shift, alt). The only=20
difference came with alt, which cause the cursor to 'wiggle' instead of=20
produce the desired effect (scrolling).

--=20
Kyle Faber
Account Manager
EMR Internet

623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and=
=20
other countries.