Copying kernels WAS SuSE 9.0: The Good and the Bad

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Copying kernels WAS SuSE 9.0: The Good and the Bad
I do not need suspend, nor is it setup stock on SuSE, however the kernel that
came with SuSE has power managment working, which is a must. Also Suse comes
with a the low latence and the other patches for better responiveness. I have
issues with recompiling for x86 because there are just to many freaking
options! I have found
a way to get out of rpm hell with gaim (using a seperate program for msn), so
for the time being a not incredibly unhappy with SuSE. However I still have no
clue what the deal is with the modem that it keeps telling me it
autoconfigured correctly.