We need more Linux users

Author: ec
Subject: We need more Linux users
--- "James E. Jennison" <>
wrote:
> This is true. I think we should all just tie down
> all the Windows users and
> upgrade all their computers to Linux. We need to
> start the Army of Tux.
>
> --
> James E. Jennison
> Server Co-Administrator
> Forever.InfinityChat.co.uk
> InfinityChat IRC Network
>
> Web: http://www.infinitychat.co.uk
> IRC: Forever.InfinityChat.co.uk
> Email:

Well, I still use windoze...at least prior to getting
someone at the installfest to setup pppd. I had
problems in that the iso's didn't load correctly and I
didn't know that 'internationalizations cd' was
anything to do with usa installs! So I didn't have a
friend d/l it!! It contained pppd!!! Geez.

I would hate to totally be dependant on linux at my
point of understanding... I need/must have a lot of
tlc from the group(s) I belong to. The MAIN problem
with linux groups it that when you tell someone you
are a linux newbie and ask for help, they assume that
you are a windoze IT person and therefore have some
idea of what is going on to start with.

Kidnapping and installing linux by itself without
windows as a fall back would be suicide for many puter
users like myself with almost NO programing and
certainly little experience 'inside' the box.

Yes, I am typing this on Konqueror right now.

=====
Cyclists should expect and demand safe
accommodation on our public roads,
just as does every other user.