need a little COX inside info--rdesktop or vnc? <--humor to…

Author: Chris Gehlker
Subject: need a little COX inside info--rdesktop or vnc? <--humor too
On Oct 29, 2003, at 1:26 AM, Nathan England wrote:

> I don't know about that.
> The more people that tell them they are running linux the better.
> If I call and someone says they don't support linux and won't help me,
> then I
> either tell them to tell their manager to support linux, or I threaten
> cancel whatever it may be if they don't help me.
>
> I think if more people said they used linux, instead of emulating
> windows int
> heir heads so the tech guy could do his job, we would be better off.
> Somewhere a mgr. is talking to his techs and eventually a tech will
> say, 'you
> know, a lot of people are using linux...'
> and others will follow.

I don't know about that. This is Cox. As far as I can tell, they have
a monopoly in the cable modem game. They probably don't care. I'll bet
their Windows support is lousy as well. When call my small ISP they
are very ready to support Linux. But I use DSL and they know they need
to work at keeping my business.