Funny network performance problem

Author: Robert Ambrose
Subject: Funny network performance problem
First, what are the ping times to/from?

Second, one of the first divide points I'd try would be hardware/software.
Try booting a standalone CD Linux and then try your ftps again. A useful
tool for this type of thing is ttcp.

FWIW, I tried ftping from a win2k system and got about 8 or 9 MB/s
upload/download. Both systems are 100baseTX.

rna