Mozilla stuck on max size

Author: Lynn David Newton
Subject: Mozilla stuck on max size
Yesterday I visited a Flash-driven Web site that
maximized my Mozilla window and removed the resize
handles, leaving me unable to resize it. When I killed
and restarted the session it was still stuck. Grrr.
Guess what Web site I'm never going to visit again.

Obviously that parameter is stored somewhere, so I went
to ~/.mozilla/{myuserdir} and did an ls -lrt to see
what got written last when I quit. I searched through
the prefs.js to no avail. There is also localstore.rdf,
which is an incomprehensible XML file not fit for human
consumption. But I tried renaming it and it restarted
with all my preferences intact, and the ability to
resize restored, and it dynamically recreated the file.
Thank goddness.

The problem is solved, so I'm relating this experience
mainly as a tip FYI. But do any of the Mozilla experts
out there know precisely the function of
localstore.rfd?

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ