SuSe boot issues

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: SuSe boot issues
--=-pl9B+kmIoly6k7LD88eo

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 15:54, Jeff James wrote:
> Hey there !! Got a problem. I installed SuSe 8.1 on
> my laptop and chose the automated (default) installation. =20
> I already had Win XP and RedHat 9.0 on the machine, but had=20
> to boot RedHat from a floppy. NOW, I have the SuSe boot=20
> manager running things. It asks which OS I would like to=20
> use and load SuSe or Windoze just fine. The problem I'm=20
> having is that even though it recognizes the RedHat installation,=20
> it does not boot RedHat through either the boot manager or via the=20
> RedHat floppy. Any suggestions ? When I try to boot from the=20
> floppy without going into the SuSe boot manager, I get the same=20
> results. "Kernel Panic: No init found. Try passing init=3D option=20
> to kernel." Any suggestions ?

Not sure why the Redhat floppy wouldn't boot...

But the reason that the Suse bootloader wouldn't work is that Redhat
uses an initrd to boot up. I don't remember the command line exactly,
but I think it something like initrd=3D/boot/initrd.2.4.22-8 -- can
someone running Redhat pull this from /etc/grub.conf?

        --Ted

--=-pl9B+kmIoly6k7LD88eo

--=-pl9B+kmIoly6k7LD88eo--