list etiquitte

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
Subject: list etiquitte
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 wrote:

> I do not understand the issue with top posting, in fact I usally can not
> stand when I have to look to find the meat of the message, not to say
> that I do not understand why people want others not to top post.

The problem is that posters sometimes forget to chop out the unnecessary
noise.

> Any clue how to change pine so that it defaults to bottom posting?

I press the page down key. :)

Really, defaulting to being reply at bottom of post does not help either
(in fact, it may cause more problems), because it encourages the person
replying to forget to clean out the junk above.

Jeremy C. Reed
http://www.isp-faq.com/